Heliotrope Ridge (3 miles)
- For the best and closest views of glaciers this moderate hike also features forests, flowers, streams and waterfalls. Usually open mid-July through October (depending on snow melt). Directions: Drive to milepost 34.3, turn right on Glacier Creek Rd. #39. Drive 8 miles on this narrow winding road to the trailhead.
Horseshoe Bend (1.5 miles / 2.4km)
- Winds along the North Fork of the Nooksack River and is accessible most of the year. Directions: Park at milepost 35.4 on Mt. Baker Hwy. across from Douglas Fir Campground.
Yellow Aster Butte (3.6-5.0 miles / 5.8-8.0km)
- Trail travels through parklands, rock gardens, views of summits, streams, and meadowlands. At the summit of the butte enjoy the full panorama. Directions: Drive to milepost 46.2 and turn left on Twin Lakes Rd. #3065. Drive 4.4 miles to parking area.
Damfino Lakes (3.0 miles)
- Nice hike leads through forested slopes to open meadows by Excelsior Pass passing by Demfino Lakes on the way. Directions: Highway 542 to MP 36, take Forest Road 31, drive 15 miles to the end of the road staying on main route and not forking onto any side roads.
Skyline Divide (4.5 miles)
- From Bellingham follow the Mount Baker Highway (State Route 542) east for 34 miles to the Glacier Public Service Center. Continue east another 0.8 mile, turning right onto Forest Road 39 (Glacier Creek Road). Then immediately turn left onto FR 37 (signed “Skyline Trail 12″), following this rough, at times gravel road 12.8 miles to its terminus and the trailhead (elev. 4300 ft). Privy available.